Dry Van containers are one of the most used in maritime transport. Due to their versatility they can be used for all types of cargo.
Standard containers: this is how the Dry Van are defined. Hermetically closed and without refrigeration or ventilation. When full they can be stacked up to 8 levels. Thanks to this type of containers, loading and unloading in ports were simplified. In addition, they are made of Corten steel, which makes them particularly robust and resistant to the harsh demands.
The dry van containers have a door on one side only, and standard dimensions, with a width of 2.40 m and a height of 2.60 m. There are two typical models according to the length: 20 feet and 40 feet, which are equivalent to 6 and 12 meters respectively. There are also other less used models that are 30 feet or 10 feet.
What are the advantages of dry van containers?
- They are solid, airtight and watertight.
- They can be used as storage modules, as workstations, and are ideal for storing goods, files, furniture and personal effects for their safety and watertightness.
- They are easily transportable.
- They are manufactured in high corrosion-resistant steel, with 1.6 mm thick panels and a wooden floor. The doors are made of 2 mm thick steel, with rubber seals.
- The containers are a basic tool, without which logistics would not be understood, especially in maritime transport. It is not in vain that there are an estimated 20 million containers in transit continuously in the world
Choosing a container for an ocean shipment is not a decision to be made without thinking about it, given the wide range that exists. The main reason that will make the decision easier is the type of cargo to be transported.
The Dry Van container is the most chosen because of its versatile and universal characteristics. If you have doubts about the type of container to use, do not hesitate to consult us, always at your disposal!
Contenido producido originalmente por Sabio Marketing para Flowbox.